Re: Overdrive

To: "Chris Chandler" <spawn@net-link.net>, <mgs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: Overdrive
From: "Lawrie Alexander" <Lawrie@britcars.com>
Date: Sun, 9 Aug 1998 07:35:13 -0700
Chris....

On a standard gearbox, the shape of the case has a smooth taper the the rear
where the output flange is. On an overdrive gearbox, there is a drum-shaped
unit (the overdrive) interposed between the main gearbox and the output
flange. This is recognizable by its being attached to the main case by a
ring of nuts which need a 7/16" wrench to undo them. It should also have a
plate somewhere on it marked Laycock de Normanville and a solenoid wire
either attached to a small, barrel-shaped solenoid (D-type o/d) or leading
under a rectangular plate (LH-type o/d).

Lawrie