'69 B Specific Sunvisor Clip/Etc.

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: '69 B Specific Sunvisor Clip/Etc.
From: Williams/MG Guy <mgguyc100@newedge.net>
Date: Mon, 10 Aug 1998 19:40:19 -0600 (MDT)
Hey everyone! I hope everyone's MG is running smooth through these sizzlin'
summer days...

Looking to find two small items - one, the sunvisor clip for a '69 B. Seems
the '69 model run from late '68 through to mid-69, utilized a unique visor,
and clip (that holds it to the windscreen, not the pivot end). The '69 B
sunvisor has a diamond pattern in the vinyl (earlier & later were a textured
vinyl), and uses a grey plastic clip, pop-rivited to the windscreen frame.
Moreover, this style (as on my car) used a plastic rod extending from the
visor, which clips into said device.

Two problems have I - one, the plastic rod on my otherwise-near-perfect
passenger visor has deterorated, most from wear, contributed by age.
Secondly, the aforementioned clip has broken, and while I've managed a
repair with epoxy, I'd sure like to find:

- a diamond-patterned good-condition visor with a sound plastic rod,
- a clip (left or right, they're not handed)

Since minutia is the name of my game, I'm also still looking for the small
clamp that holds the strap together on the oil lines. This is a three-piece
affair, one side is a captive threaded nut, the other mirrors it's shape,
but has simply a hole through which a small bolt passes. (Long description
of a small item!)

Any help is appreciated, and if not, well hey - just enjoy your MG on these
wonderful summer days and nights....

BTW - highly recommend David Knowles book "MG: The Untold Story"...

Cheers from the steamy Atlantic coast of Canada!

Terry 'Sweatin' The Small Stuff' Williams
'70 BGT
'68 roadster