Re: Alignment of Planets and other Phenomena

To: boballen@sky.net
Subject: Re: Alignment of Planets and other Phenomena
From: gofastmg@juno.com (Rick Morrison)
Date: Tue, 11 Aug 1998 23:47:20 EDT
On Tue, 11 Aug 1998 00:11:36 -0500 Robert Allen <boballen@sky.net>
writes:

>Furthermore, I can't wait to hear the next chapter from Morrison on
>how a 45
>degree, single-crankpin V-twin can have a single spark hit TDC on the
>compression stroke of one cylinder while the other fires at TDC on the
>exhaust
>stroke.

Nope, sorry Bob,
 I didn't say the Harley fired at TDC on either stroke. What I said was
it fired when one was on compression, and the other on exhaust.

 The purpose of the comparision was to show not neccessarily the H-D
ignition weirdness, but to make the point that firing two plugs on
opposite cylinders is and old and tested usage. But with no real
performance advantage.
Besides, I sold my Harley's long before the price of the bloody things
got outrageous. (I never was very smart in that sort of thing)

Rick Morrison
72 MGBGT
74 Midget