Re: Harley ignition (no LBC) -Reply

To: william.eastman@medtronic.com
Subject: Re: Harley ignition (no LBC) -Reply
From: gofastmg@juno.com (Rick Morrison)
Date: Tue, 11 Aug 1998 23:47:20 EDT
On Tue, 11 Aug 1998 17:07:40 -0500 Bill Eastman
<william.eastman@medtronic.com> writes:
>Harlan,
>
>I have never had a magneto equipped Harley so I can't answer that
>question.
> I would guess that they would have made it a "single fire" system
>judging
>by the pictures of old XLCH's I have seen but, again, no personal
>experience so just a WAG.

You're right Bill,
 The Magneto XLCH was a 'single fire' system.
 Had one on my 61 Sportster. I actually believe the Mag increased the
power with which the thing could kick back, even at full retard.  It
actually kicked my brother over the handle bars one afternoon. (he never
asked to borrow it again).

Rick Morrison (still with sore knees from the above)
72 MGBGT
74 Midget