about a couple of NY Area Events and the NAMGBR

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: about a couple of NY Area Events and the NAMGBR
From: drded@ix.netcom.com (David Deutsch)
Date: Wed, 12 Aug 1998 18:37:50 -0500 (CDT)
The pre-registration for MG Car Club - Long Island Center's Vanderbilt
Concours is almost maxed. As of Sunday there were a couple over 100
pre-regged and the event is closed at 125. LAST CALL ! is what I'm
trying to say here. Contact Rich Mooers at RLMOOERS@juno.com or call
(between 7 and 9 p.m.) 516-757-3668 if you are look to get in on this
one. There will be no "day of" registration for this event.

REMINDER!!!: June 12th and 13th 1999 will be the MG Car Club - Long
Island Centre / North American MGB Register Northeast Regional event,
"The British are Coming !!!" This is a Sixth annual event and we are
please to have NAMGBR sanctioning the event this year. Plans are well
under way to provide a fun packed two days. We are working on group
rate hotel accomodations. Saturday will provide this year's
participants with a choice of: a fun Rally, self guided tour of L.I.'s
"Gold Coast" or Scenic Cruise thru L.I.'s Winery Country, followed by a
tailgate party. Sunday will be our annual All British Extravaganza
featuring, Popular vote show, Funkhana, Swap Meet, Valve Cover Races.
The event is held on the magnificent grounds of Bayard Cutting
Arboretum which offers an Estate Mansion Tour and nature trails.

These and many more events are listed at
http://www.mgcars.org.uk/clubs/deutsch.html  (you may want to bookmark
this URL).

That's my Public Service Annoucement for August. Last, but not least,
if any of you are interested in info about North American MGB
membership, just drop me your snail mail address and I'll get some
stuff out to you or visit our WEB SITE at:
http://www.namgbr.org/namgbr/index.htm . We are the only member run,
non-profit  MG club of it's kind catering to the needs of North
America's MGB, Midget, 1100, 1300 and post Abingdon production MG
owners.

Safety Fast,
David Deutsch
Membership Coordinator