Re: RADS AND ALTS

To: Matt Kulka <Matt.Kulka@hboc.com>
Subject: Re: RADS AND ALTS
From: Craig White <cwhite@ns1.onramp.tuscaloosa.al.us>
Date: Wed, 12 Aug 1998 19:42:39 -0500 (CDT)
Hey!

What with all this talk about alternators swap, I have the opposite
problem.

I bought a 77B with 53K miles, always garaged, everything works :) When
I show up to look at the car, I'm told it didn't pass the dreaded
emissions test. (So that's why it was so cheap!)

Anyhow, at some point, a Delco alternator had been installed. The Delco
alternator takes up the space normally occupied by the air pump and lucas
alternator.

I've located a used air pump, alternator, and assorted brackets to make
the thing fit... What I haven't been able to find is the original
connector.

So... If anyone converts their alternator, I would really like to get my
hands on the connector that you cut off.

On another note, it seems that I also lost the 77 distributor. I'd really
like to get the orignal one. The one I have seems to be from an earlier
model (I hate points :). I'd be willing to trade someone the one I have
for a correct one.

You know, you could get better acceleration, more miles to the gallon,
hotter spark, a cooler running engine, more top speed, a smoother idle,
easier time locating parts, less expensive parts, more sex, etc etc by
trading me your orignal parts for these obviously superior replacement
parts. I know I'm a fool to swap the back but hey... my loss is your gain!

Can anyone help?

-craig