Re: Weird MG encounters- humorous maybe?

To: "patrick bailey" <pbailey@qnet.com>, "Robert Allen" <boballen@sky.net>
Subject: Re: Weird MG encounters- humorous maybe?
From: "Dan Ray" <danray@bluegrass.net>
Date: Fri, 14 Aug 1998 20:54:06 -0500
I'm really not sure if this counts. More funny than weird.
My corvette-nut coworker invited me to a hot-rod show a month ago.
The folks were friendly enough to let me in, lots of very cool muscle cars
and hotrods as I pulled in...dirty/funny looks, but no derogitory remarks to
my face.
Feeling somewhat self-concious, I parked in the back (it was late).
I went to find my friend (the corvette guy, retired Sergeant Major now
working as a "slimy contractor")
He was happy I'd shown up, and when he saw where I was parked, he insisted I
put my car in a more obvious spot we found.

As I pulled in to the new spot, a boy (about 11-12) hollered "hey! Austin
Powers!!!",and ran over to the car. Everyone had a good chuckle, but I
wasn't sure...so I said, "Hey, man, this isn't a Jagoooarrr...this is an MG!
Get it straight, man, Jags ain't my bag, baaby!....

The kid gave me a strange look and ran back to his parents....Oh Well!

Dan
73 B (no British flags to be seen)