Re: Gas Fumes and Air Pumps

To: Philip Hubbard <phubbard@carroll.com>
Subject: Re: Gas Fumes and Air Pumps
From: patrick bailey <pbailey@QNET.COM>
Date: Sat, 15 Aug 1998 07:06:53 -0700
>   Is it worth putting it all back together (i.e., will I always have
> fume issues without it?  Thanks for any advice.
>
> Philip
> 1974 Damask Midget - Arioch, Lord of Chaos

Phil
I was running around without one for years but had to get a new one for smog
and the car seems to run a bit coller with it,a friend of mine said that the
air injection keeps the head cooler  and this seems
to be the case.Yesterday I had to take my son down to Chino so I thought why
not drive back on as much as old Route 66 as possible.So I went down Foothill
Bl stop and go all the way in almost 100 deg weather and never got over the 1/2
mark.I jumped off the 15 pulling up Cajon grade and hit a part of 66 that is
pretty neat old abandoned motels and houses You could almost hear the Joads
back there!Got up to the top went over to wrightwood on Angeles crest and had
lunch then back home skirting the thunderheads that were building up.It may
have taken a couple of hours longer but
a hell of a lot more interseting that driving in amongst all the semis!
pat