Re: High RPM

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: High RPM
From: John77577@aol.com
Date: Sun, 16 Aug 1998 16:25:11 EDT

 Dear list,

        Can someone head me in the right direction with this problem?  Brought
the
MG up to 4500 rpm in 4th gear for about 1 mile and the cylinders 3 & 4 quit.
pull over and the proceeded slowly and the engine came back to full life.
Thinking it is a fuel problem, I replaced the fuil filter with a transparent
one to see if it is getting clogged (no), checked the fuel lines and changed
the pump with another aftermarket pump of unknown origin.  Took it up to 5000
rpm same thing happened in a hurry.  I have a new SU pump should I install it
or retirn it and look for other solutions.

 john77577@aol.com >>