Re: 15 mpg

To: ROBRTM3@aol.com
Subject: Re: 15 mpg
From: gofastmg@juno.com (Rick Morrison)
Date: Mon, 17 Aug 1998 00:10:46 EDT
On Sun, 16 Aug 1998 22:06:45 EDT ROBRTM3@aol.com writes:
>Hello,
>Please offer suggestions as to the best course of action for a
>relatively low
>(15) mpg problem.  The engine is running smooth and with good
>acceleration, a
>little black soot out the tail and dry black residue on the plugs.
First impression: the carbs are set too rich and/or the chokes are not
coming completely off.
 No black smoke should be visible, and spark plugs (center electrode)
should be about the color of a chocolate milk shake

  My
>driving
>habits are, 4 to 5, +-10 mile trips a week of pleasure driving from
>around the
>neighborhood, to 70 mph on I-10/Grand Parkway.  Any suggestions?

Make more longer trips. There is no other way to enjoy an MG

Rick Morrison
72 MGBGT
74 Midget