Re: spedo recalibration

To: "bill" <pplusb@northlink.com>
Subject: Re: spedo recalibration
From: Bert Palte <vortex@wxs.nl>
Date: Sat, 22 Aug 1998 10:56:40 +0200
Sometime ago, somebody wrote:

>>Say living here in canada eh? we have this thing called the metric system
>>where insted of Miles an hour we read in kilometers an hour, witch causes
>>confusion with the B because

As you will know, many B's from the USA have ended up here in Europe.
We (=Europeans, other than Brits and Irish) use the metric system here.
Laws vary between European states.

Here in Holland, the car registering authorithies really don't care how your
speedo
is calibrated (as long as it DOES work, however; this is also cheked at the
annual saety inspection). MPH, KPH, metres per second, werst per hour,
parassangs per day, whatever. Nor does anyone care how many % the indication
is off. If caught speeding, it is still the driver's responsibility.

As I understand it, in neighbouring Germany there are also limits to the
deviation of the speedo. Should never indicate less than what you are
actually doing and only a few % more.

In Sweden, however, all cars are required to have speedos calibrated in KPH.
For the USA Bs landing upon their shores, the Swedish MG Car Club has
designed a special
sticker with KPH gradation that can be fixed on a MPH speedo (Have never
seen one of those, don't know whether the sticher is on the dial or on the
glass).

Perhaps this is a nice solution for your problem.
Write to:
The M.G.Car Club of Sweden
Vaestbystrandsvaegen 38
S-18495 Ljusteroe, Sweden.