Correction!! Re: Verifying and Adjusting Floats on Weber DGV

To: "Larry Macy" <macy@bblmail.psycha.upenn.edu>, <FlynShoot@aol.com>,
Subject: Correction!! Re: Verifying and Adjusting Floats on Weber DGV
From: Larry Macy <macy@bblmail.psycha.upenn.edu>
Date: Sun, 23 Aug 1998 09:00:40 -0400
On 8/23/98 8:26 AM so and so (Larry Macy) said. (And I quote:)

>On 8/22/98 10:56 PM so and so (FlynShoot@aol.com) said. (And I quote:)
>
>>Ok, I must be slow or something. I've got the Haynes manual on Weber's and
>>it's telling me that I have to dissassemble the carb and put it back together
>>to be able to adjust the floats. Logic dictates that this is STUPID (maybe
>>it's me that's stupid).
>>
>>Does anyone know of a procedure to check the float height on an installed
>>Weber DGV?
>>
>>Thanx.
>>
>>DCS
>>Flynshoot@aol.com
>Just take the top off, flip onver and set to .35mm to the top (bottom) of
>the float. (the .35 is from the docs. I don't recall if that is right
>more like 35.0 mm, but I do nmot have the carb in front of me).

Correction it IS 35 mm for plastic floats and 41 mm otherwise. The float
travel is 10mm. See what happens when you go back and read after you put
your contcats in.

Sorry about that.

Larry Macy
78 Midget (Going to lancaster real soon)

Larry B. Macy, Ph.D.
macy@bblmail.psycha.upenn.edu
System Manager/Administrator
Neuropsychiatry Section
Department of Psychiatry
University of Pennsylvania
3400 Spruce St. - 10 Gates
Philadelphia, PA 19104

In a world without walls or fences, what use do we have for windows or
gates?