RE: Lots of 67 MGB Problems

To: "Cathy Becker" <robertwa@ncinter.net>, <mgs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: RE: Lots of 67 MGB Problems
From: "RossOvercash" <jroverca@tiac.net>
Date: Mon, 24 Aug 1998 22:17:15 -0400
First an foremost go to a good book store or go to amazon.com or
barnesandnoble.com and order either the Haynes MGB manual or the Bentley MGB
manual or both!  You must have a repair manual.  Next get a good parts
catalog,  Moss 1-800-667-7872 or www.mossmotors.com has a good one.  Losts
of exploded diagrams and tech tips.  Where you purchase parts becomes a
personal decison based on your pocketbook, urgency of need etc.  There are
folks on this list that can supply you with good used, new and NOS parts at
reasonable prices so sing out load and clear when you need something.

Ask questions, none are stupid!!!!!

I think those are enough words of wisdom from me tonight oh ya once you get
the manual you will have a small but readbale wiring diagram.  Lucas
electrics are prone to all kinds of weird problems, so you will need this as
much as anyother page in the book.  I suggest getting a voltage meter if you
don't have one or a simple 12 volt test light and start checking circuits.
It is possible that someone unplugged all those components and then plugged
them in all wrong!  Could be coorrosion on the contacts, or blown fuses.
Check to see if soneone added line fuses in the circuits etc...

Good luck

Safety Fast!!

Ross Overcash, 74B, NAMGBR 2-1172, Ayer, MA
http://www.tiac.net/users/jroverca/index.htm