RE: I'm baaaack! - cleaning the fuel tank

To: "'PHILIPPE TUSLER'" <TUSLER@mp050.mv.unisys.com>
Subject: RE: I'm baaaack! - cleaning the fuel tank
From: Hans Duinhoven <H.Duinhoven@simac.nl>
Date: Tue, 25 Aug 1998 09:06:03 +0200
Hi There,

I'm back too.
Lost a year while the company I worked for had been taken over by my current
employer (Simac a Dutch ITC (multi-european) company).
I missed the chats and the sometimes interesting hints and kinks to get my
MGB GT to be restored.
The car almost is in a driving state now.
The remaining things to do are:
cleaning the wheels - new tyres - new batteries - filling the brake and
clutch hydrolics and last but not least cleaning the fuel tank.

Can anyone give me a hint how to be sure the pump will get clean fuel - i.e.
how do I remove the dirt which the car collected from late 1970 - 1990 in
California and from then in Holland?

Thanks in advance.

Hans Duinhoven
MGB GT 1970 (71?) BRG