RE: Better lights or just slow down ?

To: "Andrew Errington" <ame@synaptics.com>, <mgs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: RE: Better lights or just slow down ?
From: "Chris Delling" <saschris@flash.net>
Date: Mon, 24 Aug 1998 22:02:03 -0700
Andy-

Sorry - I did not note that you where from the UK.  Based on my observations
here in the US, it seems that only those cars from Europe have decent head
lamps. If US cars had lights similar to those offered on your side of the
pond, the market for auxillary lights would be much smaller in the US.   It
is yet another area that the US is, IMHO, hopelessly behind in technology
(like radio, and telephone technology).  The difference is that with radio
and telephones, it is our government working to protect business interests
of the US companies that have huge investments in older technology, while
with cars, it's our government out to protect us from ourselves.