RE: Compression Check on B

To: Bud Krueger <bkrueger@ici.net>, MG List <mgs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: RE: Compression Check on B
From: Larry Hoy <larryhoy@mcione.com>
Date: Tue, 25 Aug 1998 09:09:59 -0600
Bud, take a remote starter switch with you.  The following is how my
69 is wired perhaps the 77 is the same.

On the wiring loom that comes up from the starter area there is a
white wire with a red stripe.  This wire comes out of the loom and
then back into the same loom.  It is located low on the inner fender
just behind the coil.  It has one of those Lucas connectors.  Pull
this wire apart at the connector, and use your remote switch to apply
power to the wire, you should be able to find 12 volts at the fuse
block (try the brown wires).  If your engine doesn't crank then try
the other end of the white/red wire.    This will allow you to crank
the engine without the engine starting.  Leave the ignition switch
off, if the ignition switch is on the car could start (assuming you
have not removed the plugs).

Good luck.

Larry Hoy
Denver, CO. USA
1969 MGB Roadster
1987 Jaguar XJ6 VDP
"It's not how fast you go, it's how fast you go fast"