62 MGA H4 Carb tuning

To: MG list <mgs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: 62 MGA H4 Carb tuning
From: Kevin Richards <flybirds@erols.com>
Date: Wed, 26 Aug 1998 20:25:30 -0700
I know that there are some very experienced people out there (Barney and
Bill E.) when it comes to MGA's.
I just rebuilt the carbs on the A, and I now have to tune them.
first of all, my idle is way too high, around 1800rpm.
I think I will consult the SU haynes manual, but I would like some
advice from the fellow A owners as to how they achieve the best results.

Thanks in advance for the info.
With the help of this list, I will never have to subject the A to my
regular mechanic's shop. (the mechanic is good, but I'd never sleep
knowing there was the possibility of the "mysterious dent, scratch, etc"
appearing).

Kevin Richards
77MGB
62 MGA MkII with nice shiny carbs rebuilt by yours truly, and a nice new
FREE exhaust manifold from the MGA karma dude Eric Russell...Keeping
fellow A's alive!!!