Flat towing MGB

To: MG List <mgs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Flat towing MGB
From: Bud Krueger <bkrueger@ici.net>
Date: Wed, 26 Aug 1998 20:41:47 -0700
Back at the wisdom well:

     Is there anyone out there with experience at flat towing an MGB?  The
process would be to remove the front RB and bolt the brackets of the hitch to
the plates that the RB normally mounts to.  Towing distance would be about 200
miles.  I've yet to see a convincing argument against flat towing with the
driveshaft connected.  I flat towed my TD all over New England while I was in
the tub-restoration phase.  But then, the hitch was bolted to the front of the
frame, notably absent in the B.  Thanks in advance for the information and I'll
even accept a few flames for the audacity of such a thought.

Bud Krueger
52TD
__MGB (I'll tell you tomorrow)