Re: Flat towing MGB

To: David Deutsch <drded@ix.netcom.com>
Subject: Re: Flat towing MGB
From: ccrobins <ccrobins@ktc.com>
Date: Thu, 27 Aug 1998 11:35:54 -0500
I'll answer that, David:

  I'm going to toe the car behind a class "C" motorhome.  I'm going to
be staying in campgrounds  once I get east of the Mississippi.  Not all
campgrounds have pull-through spaces.  Also, there have been times when
I've been forced into a situation where I have to back the rig, no
matter how vigilant I am in trying to avoid that situation.  I can't see
the towed vehicle from the driver's seat until it's almost jacknifed.
For the above reasons I must be able to disconnect the car and drive it
at a moment's notice.

  I have been flat towing an `88 Yugo 4-speed for many years, so the
above is experience speeaking.  Also, if you can get all the equipment
out of the M/H, jack the car, put it on jack stands, unstrap the
driveshaft and connect it and set the car back down in 15 minutes,
you're a damned sight faster mechanic than I am.  I'd also like to see
you do it in a McDonalds parking lot at lunch time. ;^)

  Charley Robinson
  '69 B towing guinea pig.  ;^)

 SNIP