Austin Marina gearbox idea

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Austin Marina gearbox idea
From: Keith Wheeler <keithw@sand.net>
Date: Thu, 27 Aug 1998 10:46:20 -0700
Along with much other info on Marina's,
Neil <neil.cairns@virgin.net> wrote:

>king pins. The clutch housing is HUGE, as is the cast iron gearbox, used
>on the Truimph Toledo, Sprint, 1500, TR7 and later Midget 1500. (This
>gearbox on the later Midgets means you can fit an overdrive gearbox from
>one of these saloon Triumphs, if you can find one.)

Something I've only glanced at but haven't checked out yet...
Is the bolt pattern on the TR-7/SD1 five speed the same as the bolt
pattern on the TR-7, Midget 1500, et al four speed?  I seem to
remember them looking similiar, because if so, here's an all
British solution to the ouch of finding, buying, repairing, and
maintaining an overdrive MGB, or the non-Brit put-in-a-Datsun-box:

Austin Marina bellhousing + TR-7 five speed into a 'B (would require
the common 'B V-8 tranny tunnel mod).

Is this do-able?

-Keith Wheeler
Team Sanctuary                          http://www.teamsanctuary.com/