Re: "Modern" Improvements for the MGB

To: "Kai Radicke" <mowogmg@pil.net>, "MG List" <mgs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: "Modern" Improvements for the MGB
From: Keith Wheeler <keithw@sand.net>
Date: Thu, 27 Aug 1998 11:18:23 -0700
At 10:20 AM 8/27/98 -0400, Kai Radicke wrote:

>So any thoughts on this one?  I personally wonder if it would be compatible
>with an MSX Crossflow head.

I agree with Paul, the MGB EFI system is prolly big $$$, however, EFI on
an MSX head is something I've considered.  Seems as a certain SCCA class
that I'm interested in states that stock _block_ must be used, other
mods free.  Think of a race prepped 'B engine with an MSX head and
fuel injection.  This is an idea for an evolutionary 'B, as the next
step up in class allows the car to run with any engine block that
was stock in any of the manufacturer's product.  Insert big grin
here.

TWM offers injection bodies to replace SUs and Strombergs, but I bet
they're rather expensive too.

As far as V-8 issues are concerned, what I'd really like to do for my
EFI crossflow 'B project (some time in the future) would be design my
own ECU.  The first phase of this project would be a digital box to
replace the aging SD1 ECU I have.  I'm seriously considering a
microcontroller that I've just completed a project with (a vertical
gyro for unmanned aircraft).  This lil guy has 12 10-bit A/D channels,
PWM outputs, and can run at 33 MHz (all for under $20!).

-Keith Wheeler
Team Sanctuary                          http://www.teamsanctuary.com/