Re: fastest MG

To: MGMagnette@aol.com, mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: fastest MG
From: Keith Wheeler <keithw@sand.net>
Date: Tue, 1 Sep 98 21:43:14 PDT
At 09:55 PM 9/1/98 EDT, MGMagnette@aol.com wrote:
>YOU DID YOU DID!  But too bad it wasn't an MG...  Consider it the worlds
>fastest badge engineering job.
>
>   John
>
>BTW, world fastest production car at one point, the XJ220, has an MG
engine in
>it, figure that one out.  Now thats the one that should have had an MG badge
>lurking on it maybe it woulnd't have been such a spectacular flop.

Now the XJ220 is one I know about...

As many of you know I'm a huge fan of the Rover V-8 engine.  What
does that have to do with the XJ220?  Well, see, in the '80s when
MG was dead (or some folks think) there was this rally car with
a 3 litre aluminum block V-6, with cylinder heads designed by
non other than Williams Grand Prix engineering. (if any of those
blokes ever see mailing lists like this, do you have any need
for a firmware engineer?)

This incredible little rally car was called the MG 6R4.  The engine also
found its way (at least was planned to be) in the MG EX-E.

Later this nifty powerplant was turbo charged and used in Jaguar GTPs,
and then the XJ220.

At least that's my understanding of it...

-Keith Wheeler
Team Sanctuary                          http://www.teamsanctuary.com/