Re: MGB wanted!

To: dbji@whidbey.net
Subject: Re: MGB wanted!
From: miker15@juno.com
Date: Wed, 02 Sep 1998 06:37:58 EDT
On Wed, 2 Sep 1998 00:18:49 -0700 "DON BOYD, JOAN IKOMA"
<dbji@whidbey.net> writes:
>Hi there MG listers!
>       I was asked by a friend to find him a MGB circa 67-71. It's a
>gift for his
>sweetie. The ideal car would be ..  BRG,OD,wires, and all the goodies.
>The
>car needs to be in #2+ condition. By this I mean it needs to be a
>90-95
>point car at a national meet. He would also consider a genuine #1 car
>also.
>He seems to have a strong preferance for BRG , but other dark colors
>might
>work. I'd love to here from anyone that is interested. The man is dead
>serious about it, and has the means to buy it anywhere in the US, but
>would
>prefer the Northwest.Can anyone out ther help?
>Does anyone have an itch to restore that next project and need funds
>proceed?(which is the only way I'll get enough stratch to do my the
>Lotus)
>Thanks for the help in advance, and I hope I haven't offended anyone .
>
>Don Boyd
>dbji@whidbey.net

Don -
When i read the first sentence i thought "oh joy!" someone is looking for
MY car.
(72 dark BRG and......for sale) Then i got to the 90-95 point
bit..........sigh
That i dont got, BUT...... he can buy mine for 4000 and im sure if he
then threw
another 6-8000 into it he would have his dream! Hell, I'd even get it
done for him!!

mike robson
69 roadster (reckon 90 points in about a month but black)
70 BGT (maybe 80-85)
72 roadster (for sale but brg
53 riley