caliper rebuild + fog/driving lamps

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: caliper rebuild + fog/driving lamps
From: Skye Poier <skye@ffwd.bc.ca>
Date: Wed, 2 Sep 1998 15:20:13 -0700
Hullo again!  This weekend I'm going to attack the seized pistons in the
front brakes.  Couple questions though... in the Haynes manual it says
to use methylated spirits to clean the brakes... what the heck is that?
Is there some common word for the same thing, or is it simply something
I haven't seen around.  Second question, it recommends using "disc brake
lube" when re-assembling.  Can I just use brake fluid?

Oh, and my other question, since the fog and driving lamps question has
come up.  Thanks to those that pointed out the details about only on
with parking lights/high beams.  From the wiring diagrams I'm looking at,
it looks like it wasn't an option up to 1967 but after that one could
have one of each.  What side do you mount them on?  I'm guessing the
driving light on the driver's side and the fog light on the passenger's side.

Thanks,
Skye

--
1966 MGB               GHN3L-70307                __,__\__     "The Bomber"
The MGB Experience     http://www.mgb.bc.ca/     (_o____o_)     zoooom!