BugEye Redux (Long)

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: BugEye Redux (Long)
From: YourName <jburruso@pacbell.net>
Date: Wed, 02 Sep 1998 18:49:05 -0800
Once, a number of years ago, I put a MGA up for sale at what I thought was a
fair market price of $1250 dollars.  I sat by the phone but it never rang.  A
good friend of mine said "raise the price so the folks wont think it's a piece
of junk."  I re-did the ad, asked for $2500, the phone rang off the hook and a
fellow bought it on a rainy day after he had "talked me down to $1850.  He was
ecstatic and I was pretty glad.  It was a damn good car!  Now you are asking
what the heck is the point here?  The point is that I am trying to sell my
BugEye for a heck of a lot less than it is worth and unless my phone is on the
fritz, its the MGA story all over again.

So here's the deal.  In case I misjudged the market and I am asking too much,
I've lowered the price by 250 dollars.  I guess if that doesn't work I'll have
to raise the price higher and have people talk me down to a "fair" price.  I
would find this fairly humorous if I didn't have to sell the car soon.  Also,
the most common question I get is, "why do you want to sell the car."  It is as
if I must have a secret reason such as a fatal flaw that makes the car a bad
deal.  Here's the reason.  I bought the sprite to replace one that I had years
ago.  When I got it home and had much time to contemplate the purchase, I
realized
two things.  One, either I had become much larger or I had forgotten how
small Sprites were.  Thing two!  I need a car that is a runner and a driver.
Even if the paint is faded and the upholstery is a bit ratty, for me it's ok.
I think I'm past the point of having a major project car.  It's not old age
but prior commitments.  I would prefer to sell the car outright so that I can
find a TR-4 in the above described condition but I will take the less than
direct path to my final objective.  I will trade the car for a good running,
good driving, TR-4 or Spitfire.  If its got wires, that a double plus.  Any way,
here are the particulars on the BugEye: Thanks for listening.
1960 Austin-Healey Bug Eye Sprite
Body stripped and primered and is very solid.
Front and rear suspension installed
Car comes with a professionally rebuilt 948cc Engine and a smoothcase
tranny(Neither are installed)
Many books and manuals included as well as many new parts including new wiring
harness and brake and clutch hydraulics.  Car has a clear title and is
currently registered in Calif. By the way this is an original California car.
I have about fifteen years of records.
I must move this car quickly.  $2250 OBO I do hope my phone is working!

Joe Burruso
La Crescenta, California
E-mail jburruso@pacbell.net
(818)248-8843 (Leave Message)