Re: Paint going bad

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Paint going bad
From: dresden@tiac.net
Date: Wed, 2 Sep 1998 21:33:23 -0500
Bud,

Interesting story. Did you/do you work for Polaroid in Waltham? I'm just
down the street from there in Watertown. If I'd heard your story yesterday,
I'd have asked if they had a need for any electronics techs. But as it is,
I got a new job today that I really wanted: Funny thing, serendipity.

It's good that companies are actually realizing the value of their more
experienced people. It's also nice that the labor market is so tight that
employers are actually not daring to tell their employees "if you don't
like it, go across the street" because today, they will.

I've actually had some good experiences with NAPA stores, although I
realize that like most franchises, it depends on the owner (I'm sure you
were good to your customers; it's a shame about the Guinea Pigging; changes
my opinion of them somewhat). And it's true, in these days where only us
lunatics like to get our hands dirty, it's the professional mechanics who
are buying the lion's share of auto parts. But this trend has also helped
(I think) to slow down the collectibles market somewhat, making it more
accessible.

Now, how much would it cost to get a title to that '77 B? And how bad a
shape is it in, really? (those are serious questions which also serve as
obigatory LBC content).

Nev