Re: Welcome back from the land of ford...

To: Josef Kurtz <kurtz@helix.mgh.harvard.edu>
Subject: Re: Welcome back from the land of ford...
From: "William M. Gilroy" <wmgilroy@lucent.com>
Date: Thu, 03 Sep 1998 12:17:10 -0400
Josef Kurtz wrote:

> 3.  Trying to be good, I was removing my club from the steering wheel and
> proceeded to smack the dash directly below the glove compartment, chipping

I think that the only purpose of the club is to keep honest people honest.
I have a friend that had one on his Nissan Altima (sp?).  When he got
his car back from the impound (both times) he found the club on the passenger
seat with the lock ripped out.  The only thing that saved his car was the
alarm system had an ignition cutoff.  Of course both the door locks and the
steering lock were all torn apart.  He live in Brooklyn NYC so maybe their
thieves are harder on the club than your typical suburban thief.  He gave
up on the club.  YMMV.

--
William M. Gilroy
E-mail:    wmgilroy@lucent.com