Re: GM alternator conversion question

To: decolins@flash.net, mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: GM alternator conversion question
From: JstBob@aol.com
Date: Thu, 3 Sep 1998 20:58:07 EDT
_____Orginal Message_______________________

Date: Wed, 2 Sep 1998 23:32:47 -0500

From: "Don Collins" <decolins@flash.net>

Subject: GM alternator conversion question

Could anyone who has done the conversion to the 1967 style GM alternator

please answer a question? I just need to verify the wire layout on the

install. It appears to be a bit different from the 72-82 style GM that I was

running before.

TIA

Don Collins

69B

_________

This is a quote from Dan Masters:

<Wiring instructions couldn't be simpler. On the side of the unit, you

will find two recessed terminals, and on the back, there is one large

screw terminal. The plug you get will have two wires coming from it, and

will only fit in the slot one way. Just connect the brown/yellow wire

(the small one) that now goes to your alternator to the plug wire that

goes to terminal 1, and connect the wire from the plug terminal 2 to

the screw terminal on the back. The large brown wire also goes to this

screw terminal. That's all there is to it.>

Hope this helps
Bob,71 mgb