Bud's new B

To: MG List <mgs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Bud's new B
From: Bud Krueger <bkrueger@ici.net>
Date: Sat, 05 Sep 1998 20:37:45 -0700
Hi folks,

     Spent the day reinstalling the front bumper onto the newly acquire '77
w/air.  A few items of interest:  I finally identified the carburetors that are
on it -- a pair of HS4's with pancake air cleaners.  The rear one has a tag on
it that says AUD52F. Should I be delighted with the HS4's or wish they'd been
HIF's?  Someone lost the ignition key, so the local mechanic installed a
separate ignition lock/starter switch.  One of the things I acquired for the
untitleable '77 project is an original ignition lock/starter switch. Problem is
the mechanic was no electrician.  The car does not appear to have a brake
booster, at least I haven't found it.  One of the hoses from the compressor goes
right over the top of the oil filter.  That might be messy.
     Lord Lucas has had a field day.  I spent a good bit of time finding
circuits that did work so that I could color code a schematic, er, wiring
diagram, in hopes of solving some of the bugs by elimination.  It has some of
the classics, e.g., the emergency flashes work fine, but the turn signals and
brake lights won't.   I'm going to send a separate post asking for help in
finding a better location for the choke control than it's present location,
virtually above the driver's right knee.
     If I don't flamed (too much) for the trivia, I'll keep letting you know
what shows up.  It does appear that I'm the third owner of the car since new and
I have an idea of where to find the original owner.

Bud Krueger
52TD
77MGB