Impromptu show in CT

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Impromptu show in CT
From: miker15@juno.com
Date: Sun, 06 Sep 1998 19:02:19 EDT
This weekend was a major soccer tournament in my town and what with my
kids playing in it and taking stints field marshalling and flipping
burgers I was confined to town all weekend (heart was somewhere between
Watkins Glen and Lime Rock!)
Anyway, since the weather was so good and also bowing to a lot of
kid-pressure i used the 72 all of the time.
Since there were lots of visitors from other towns there were an array of
cars -i passed  several As, Bs E types, and Healeys, all dropping kids
off here and there
Arriving at a game this afternoon i parked next to a very nice BRG A and
while i was looking at it a 67 Healey pulled up followed in short order
by a 67 Etype- with all 4 parked together in the parking lot of a skating
rink we drew almost as much attention as the games - great fun!
The Riley sailed through CT safety inspection after a last minute panic
with the fog light wiring which i initiallly connected wrongly! and is
now officially on the road for the first time in 23 years(the runs to
muffler shops etc notwithstanding). Im going to take it to the CT Triumph
show in Manchester CT next sunday - hope some of you will come and see it
- it wont even be clean by then but its a good excuse for a bunch of
"before" pictures!

mike robson
69 roadster
70 BGT