Re: Prospective MGB purchase, need advice!

To: bfurgalus@geocities.com
Subject: Re: Prospective MGB purchase, need advice!
From: miker15@juno.com
Date: Sun, 06 Sep 1998 19:02:19 EDT
On Sun, 6 Sep 1998 14:42:39 -0400 Brian Furgalus
<bfurgalus@geocities.com> writes:
>Sorry about the HTML right off, but the computer I'm writing this off
>of =
>isn't mine, and I don't know how to turn it (HTML) off!
>
>While browsing through the local paper, I came across a 1977 'B, =
>advertised as being in excellent condition, needing mechanical work.
>Oh =
>good, a project!  I called the gentleman, and got the dirt.  Seems
>that =
>he is the second owner of the car.  When he purchased it back in the =
>'80s, he painted it, and that pain is now cracking, thus it needs a =
>paint job ($$).  He also said that when parked *seven years ago*, it
>ran =
>like c**p, because he'd just installed a Weber, probably incorrectly,
>so =
>that would need to be sorted ($).  It also has a cracked exhaust =
>manifold, which I would replace with headers anyways! ($$).  The funny
>=
>part?  He's asking $2,800!  What would you, the listers, think a more
>=
>appropriate price would be?  I'm thinking along the lines of =
>$1,000-$1,200.
>
>Thanks for the help!
>
>As Always,
>Brian Furgalus

It depends a bit on where it is, how sound the bodywork is and the
general condition
His 2800 wouldnt be out f the way for a sound non running fixer-upper
here in the North East but if it has little or no rust, anything under
2000 would be a good price.
(imvho)

mike robson
69 roadster