Re: Something Electrical

To: <mgs@Autox.Team.Net>, <JRCATM@aol.com>
Subject: Re: Something Electrical
From: "Dan Ray" <danray@bluegrass.net>
Date: Sun, 6 Sep 1998 20:39:31 -0500
FIRST thing to check is the battery. If it doesn't have enough OOMPH, it may
kick in for a couple of days and then be drained enough to give you that
symptom. OR, It may have been the solenoid in the first place.
After checking the battery, the best thing to do is take the whole unit out,
starter and solenoid, to a local shop that does alternator/starter work to
have them checked together. I had the same problem a while back, and after
the solenoid was replaced, it works fine -- didn't do anything to the
starter at all. Hint: removing the starter and solenoid is a very easy job,
so don't pay someone to do it for you. Plus, it's easier to just take the
whole thing around to have the assembly checked/fixed out of the car.

Dan
73 B