Negative/Positive Ground on my MGA 1600

To: Mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Negative/Positive Ground on my MGA 1600
From: Sam Perera <sperera@blkbox.com>
Date: Mon, 07 Sep 1998 07:57:14 -0500
After some trepidation, I tries to convert my positive ground MGA (so I
thought) into a negative ground system.  I wanted some day to add an
Ignitor and an Ammeter. As I looked at the battery, to my surprise the
negative post was already grounded (positive post wire going to the
starter). Then I looked at the later model Lucas coil which has a +ve
and -ve post. The +ve post wire goes into the distributor and -ve post
goes (I believe) into the ignition switch. IS THIS CORRECT ? It must be
since my MGA runs and drives fine.

The reason I ask is that I was following the Tech Session article in MGA
by NAMGAR (Mike Ash). This states that my Lucas coil should be connected
the other way with +ve wire to the ignition switch and -ve to the
distributor.

Can someone help with this issue.

Thanks

Sam