MGA Front End

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: MGA Front End
From: WSpohn4@aol.com
Date: Wed, 9 Sep 1998 11:14:52 EDT
<<I was wondering, how do you know (after the rubber seals are in place)
how far to screw in the upper and lower links into the spindle before
you reattach them to the shock (upper) and the wishbone arm (lower). It
seems to me that this is a very important reassembly item.>>

Make sure the distance pieces are in place and yoyu'll find that at a certain
point screwing the trunion on farther will bind on the distance piece - back
off about a turn so that you have full steering range without interference.
Of course if the distance piece isn't in place, you will eventually bottom on
the king pin as well, but you will be even farther in than you want to be.
When you have them at the right point, assemble them to the a-arms and then
see what sort of play you have - if the trunion rocks on the king pin much at
all, it is replacement time.

Bill S.