Clearance troubles...

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Clearance troubles...
From: Speedo79@aol.com
Date: Thu, 10 Sep 1998 11:24:49 EDT
Dear Listers,
I am now the proud owner of a beautiful dual HIF 4 set up complete with all
the little goodies to go with it.  I bought the setup from a guy who had it on
his '77 'B with no problems. I have since put it on my '77 'B, and WOW!  It is
no longer "OK, let's go," but "OK, hold on!!!"  My problem is when I put that
engine in a year ago, we were only able to get the left hand motor mount in
upside down...(I know patience is a virtue, but I had limited time) So my
motor has a slight tilt toward the brake booster on the left, and I am unable
to get the 1" air filter on the back carb.
The questions:
Is there a short cut, perhaps a thinner filter available, or can that be
dangerous as it could disrupt air flow?
What is the easiest way to get the engine out of kilter? The left hand engine
mount is bolted to a bracket that fits over the steering column, and it is
horrible to get to!

Thanks in advance,
Steve Sanchez
"behind the wheel on holding on in a '77 'B"