Re: Cleaning the gas tank

To: Hans Duinhoven <H.Duinhoven@simac.nl>
Subject: Re: Cleaning the gas tank
From: Skye Poier <skye@ffwd.bc.ca>
Date: Thu, 10 Sep 1998 12:40:31 -0700
Word on the street is that Hans Duinhoven said:
> Thank you for the advise.
> I'll check the price of a new tank first before starting a prolonged time of
> difficulties with dirt in the gas...
> If it's available for a reasonable price, I might go for it.
> I may wait till Xmas time - the local parts dealer always has very special
> bargains then.

If the tank is rusted out, don't bother with it, get a new stainless steel
unit.  Make sure to get one with anti-sloshing baffles.

Otherwise, I believe I saw a 3-step Moss system for prepping tanks.

I'd install a fuel filter regardless, if you don't already have one plumbed
in.  Can save some headaches later.

Skye

--
1966 MGB               GHN3L-70307                __,__\__     "The Bomber"
The MGB Experience     http://www.mgb.bc.ca/     (_o____o_)     zoooom!