Fitting an Electronic Ignition

To: "'mw_jordan@mindspring.com'" <mw_jordan@mindspring.com>
Subject: Fitting an Electronic Ignition
From: "Feldman, Jack (Jack)" <jack@lucent.com>
Date: Fri, 11 Sep 1998 09:36:29 -0500
M.W.,

I firmly believe in electronic ignitions. Both my C and BGT have them. The
Healey's is in the shop waiting for my next to get in.

My main reason is reliability and lack of skill. I store my cars and
believer that the electronic ignition helps starting after months of
idleness. I just swapped the C for the BGT in storage, and the BGT started
immediately. I attribute at least some of this to the fact that I don't get
the state of tune checked when I store the cars, and with the electronic
ignition I don't have to worry about dwell.

I have had Barney give me the same reasons for not doing it. You also have
to know where he is coming from. Just as most bright people, he seems to
think we all have the same skills as he does. Often he has told me that a
problem is easy to fix. Back in the Ed Sullivan days there was a
ventriloquist who's dummy always said "easy for you, difficult for me".
Barney can fix anything with a screwdriver and a pair of pliers at the side
of the road. This is one of the reasons that he never hesitates to take
those trips. Us mere mortals have to sweat the small stuff, he never has to
sweat the big stuff.

Jack