Running on unleaded

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net, neil.cairns@virgin.net
Subject: Running on unleaded
From: Simon Matthews <simon_matthews@avanticorp.com>
Date: Fri, 11 Sep 1998 15:44:22 -0700

>Date: Fri, 11 Sep 1998 16:57:30 -0700
>From: neil.cairns@virgin.net
>Subject: Re: UNLEADED
>

>Converted the 1989 MG Metro, ( 1275cc 'A' series) this year. Power fell
>away a little, engine runs hotter, but it is the MAIN USE car, and costs
>of unleaded petrol gives quite good savings over leaded.
>
>Costs... =A3185 for the Magnette, =A3345 for the YB, =A3 130 for the Metro,=
 (
>the Metro was all done by me EXCEPT for the insert fitting, to keep
>costs down.)
>
>Neil.

Neil,

are you sure it saves money -- given that your mpg figure is probably lower
with unleaded? Also, the '89 MG Metro needed to be converted? I am=
 surprised!

BTW, How is your Metro? I bought one new in '84, when I sold it in '88 (I
think), it had already had a pair of new wings (fenders) and  4 new alloy
wheels, all courtesy of the warrantee on the car. Oh, and it leaked oil
like a sieve!

Simon

---
Simon Matthews                          MailTo:simon_matthews@avanticorp.com