SU Carbs- - -Fuel Pressure

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: SU Carbs- - -Fuel Pressure
From: "Matt Milkevitch" <milkm@mail.vt.edu>
Date: Mon, 14 Sep 1998 09:07:13 +0000
Hello All---

         Got a quick question.   Over the weekend I had the chance to
re-install my SU
HIF4's (all redone, these are replacing a weber DGV) and had a quick
question.  Does anyone know the correct fuel pump pressure for SU
carbs??  The PO of my BGT installed an aftermarket fuel pump, and it
puts out 2.1 psi at the carbs.  Just wondering...in Peter Burgess's
book "How to Power Tune MGB Engines," he states that SU's work best
at 1.5 psi.  Wondering if I should install a fuel pressure
regulator...

          Thanks for the help,

           Matt Milkevitch
           '74 MGBGT