RE: trivia

To: "'mgs@autox.team.net'" <mgs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: RE: trivia
From: Paul.Kile@Aerojet.com (KILE, PAUL D)
Date: Thu, 17 Sep 1998 16:20:56 -0700
To heck with the highfalutin' French pronounciations of BEAULIEU!  I go
with the way the locals pronounce it.  Lawrie is a transplanted Brit
that I trust implicitly with pronounciations of UK names, and if he says
BYOOLEY, that's it.  I have also spoken to Clive Wheatley and Syd Beer
recently in the UK, and they both referred to the BYOOLEY autojumble
(swapmeet to us 'murricans).

This reminds me of several Spanish derived names here in the West, San
Pedro (near Los Angeles) and Casa Grande, in Arizona.  If you are a
linguist and go with the strict pronounciations of the towns:
SAHN PAY-DROH
CAH-SAH GRAN-DEH
You would be laughed out of both towns.  The locals call them:
SAN PEE-DROW
CASSA GRAND

Cheers, PK