Re: trivia

To: "KILE, PAUL D" <Paul.Kile@Aerojet.com>, <mgs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: trivia
From: "Lawrie Alexander" <Lawrie@britcars.com>
Date: Thu, 17 Sep 1998 17:46:51 -0700
Oh, good, Paul..................a new thread!

If you're talking about Amurricans mispronouncing names, let's start with
the town near where I lived in Illinois for a few years. The French would
clearly say "Des Plaines" is pronounced "Day Plen", but the locals all call
it "Dess Planes" or even "Dissplanes"........

Lawrie