Re: few things

To: bphotoman@hotmail.com
Subject: Re: few things
From: miker15@juno.com
Date: Thu, 17 Sep 1998 20:16:10 EDT
On Thu, 17 Sep 1998 16:22:13 PDT "Ben Carufel" <bphotoman@hotmail.com>
writes:
>on my 70 BGT do i have the SU or hif carburettors??....i havent seen
>any
>tags on them....."Original MGB, MGC...." came yesterday ....WOW
>....awesome....if anyone has pictures of their 70 BGT i would love to
>see them...please tell me if you can send them by snail mail or
>scaned...i am thinking of repainting my B, any suggestions....the
>original is primrose yellow....but im partial to red or
>BRG...thanks.....well....good evening.....
>

>Ben Carufel
>70 MGB GT
>www.angelfire.com/ca/bensphotogallery/MGS.html

Originally the car would have had SU HS4s - HIFs are also made by SU but
were standard on 72-76(or 77) and as per Lawries explanation earlier, are
a totally different beast! -You can tel the difference quite easily -
just use a Moss or VB catalogue, you will be able to tell which you have.
A friend told me there is a picture of my 70 BGT on the NAMGBR site under
winners at Hagerstown - its the one that came in third and apparently
they have a completely wrong name next to it - but the scruffy looking
blond dude next to the flame red car is unmistakable! (or so im told....)
I can send you a couple in the mail if you like - just send me your
address privately and ill send them
Paint your car any colour you like- thats the fun of restoring them but
as soon as you decide to paint it, youre  basically dedicating yourself
to a full restoration because new paint makes everything else look like
crap!

mike robson
69 roadster
70 BGT