Re: Ignition Light/Charging Problems-Update

To: "mgs@autox.team.net" <mgs@Autox.Team.Net>,
Subject: Re: Ignition Light/Charging Problems-Update
From: "Andrew Lundgren" <lundgren@iname.com>
Date: Mon, 21 Sep 1998 10:25:46 -0600
On Mon, 21 Sep 1998 12:15:05 EDT, Speedo79@aol.com wrote:

>Dear Listers,
>As of this morning, my battery is deader than a door nail.  Not even my clock
>is functioning; however, it does indicate that the battery went completely
>flat approxamately 11 hours since I last ran the car.  So, that would indicate
>a VERY small short.  Please, oh please help me with this one!  I am at
>college, and lack the facilities to work on my car properly, meaning I would
>have to *gasp* take it to a shop.

You can verify it is a leak (or short) by hooking a light in series with your
battery.
If the light lights with the ignition turned, then you have a leak.  (Might
want to make
sure you don't have a radio with a clock in it, because it will also cause a
small drain.)

Most parts places will test your alternator and battery for free; which might
be the best place
to start.

--
Andrew Lundgren