Re: Ignition Light/Charging Problems-Update

To: Speedo79@aol.com
Subject: Re: Ignition Light/Charging Problems-Update
From: Skye Poier <skye@ffwd.bc.ca>
Date: Mon, 21 Sep 1998 12:33:53 -0700
Word on the street is that Speedo79@aol.com said:
> As of this morning, my battery is deader than a door nail.  Not even my clock
> is functioning; however, it does indicate that the battery went completely
> flat approxamately 11 hours since I last ran the car.  So, that would indicate
> a VERY small short.  Please, oh please help me with this one!  I am at
> college, and lack the facilities to work on my car properly, meaning I would
> have to *gasp* take it to a shop.

Well all you need to diagnose this problem is a multimeter, a wiring diagram,
and some patience.  Start by disconnecting all accessories that run constantly
(ie clock) and hook up your multimeter in series with circuits, until by
the process of elimination you find which circuit is causing the drain....

Of course, you will have to recharge your battery first.

Good luck,
Skye

--
1966 MGB               GHN3L-70307                __,__\__
The MGB Experience     http://www.mgb.bc.ca/     (_o____o_)