painting engine bay

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: painting engine bay
From: Calvin Krug <ckrug@laf.cioe.com>
Date: Wed, 23 Sep 1998 19:40:31 -0600
Every month or two, I post a progress report on my '79 B that I'm
repainting.  It's now been exactly a year since I last drove it, and I'm
still a long way from being done. The engine bay is still wearing its
original  coat of paint, and it's looking pretty bad, especially where it
had a brake fluid leak, so today, I finished removing all the miscellaneous
parts to allow removal of the engine and transmission.  In a day or two,
I'll pull them out.  As I've only done this once, and it took me 3 days,
does anybody have any tricks or shortcuts to spped things along?  The
sooner I get this done, the sooner I can finish the body repairs.  I hope
to be driving it again by spring.

Calvin Krug