Re: MGA, refurbished all hydraulics - good report

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: MGA, refurbished all hydraulics - good report
From: JustBrits@aol.com (by way of Gregg Baker <gbaker@customcpu.com>)
Date: Wed, 23 Sep 1998 19:08:05 -0800
What is DOT3?  Please don't tell me it's brake fluid that came before DOT4.
Gregg Baker

In a message dated 9/21/98 10:34:47 AM Central Daylight Time, Ajhsys@aol.com
writes:

Allen, etal:

IMHO, of course:

<<  Skye, Why should synthetic give me a stiffer pedal if everybody says that
it
 is more compressible than DOT4? >>

Will not.

<< It would seem to me that the pedal would be more spongy. >>

Yep.

<< I agree that you don't need to change it as often, >>

SO WHAT???

<<but how bad will the pedal feel be? >>

Prob'ly not bad, just spongy.

<< Ed, You didn't give me any plausible reason why Castrol is better than
 synthetic.>>

LMA (or it's equivalent) came in the car.  LMA does not 'hold' air bubbles.
Synthetic does.  This occurs as you shake (just nerves from no beer [Larry[),
while you decant the fluid from container to M/C.

<< Just that your life depends on it. (Sorry. That's not a put down
 of the worth of your life!) >>

Thank you.

<< But how about an explanation? >>

Had it in my Healey, THREE (3) quarts to bleed and get a 'pedal' !!
One (1) quart of alchole to clean system, couple of pint of LMA;
VIOLA - BRAKES & CLUTCH!!  Now has been reblead three time in
12 years.  Everything just fine.  Been to Harrisburg, PA; Washington, DC
[three times];  St. Louis, MO; Indy, IN several times; Niagara Falls, CA;
and numerous other locales.

MINE STILL WORK!!  (er, Hortense THE Healey's)

<< Anybody else want to spend 2 cents? >>

Nope, you all got my .25 cents worth<G>.

<< Is Castrol LMA DOT4? >>

Yep

<< I assume DOT3 is out of the question.  >>

MORE THAN "YEP" (IMVHO, of course<G>)

Cheers..........

           Ed