Re: Odd Things Found In Cars

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Odd Things Found In Cars
From: dresden@tiac.net
Date: Wed, 23 Sep 1998 23:19:44 -0400 (EDT)
>Sand, lots and lots of sand, inside the doors, fenders, trunk,
>everywhere.  My '74 came from Florida where I think it did duty as a
>dune buggy.
>
>Oh yeah, and a hornet's nest under the rear axle.
>
>-NORY

No, not at all, the sand was dumped in there as a moisture absorber in an
effort to prevent rust-through.

I worked one summer reconditioning trade-ins for a car dealer; I always had
new cassettes to listen to, and lots of pennies. People also lose a lot of
combs and happy meal toys, and I found three zippo lighters, and a mess of
matchbooks and cheap bic lighters. I always hoped I would find a nice
pistol or a bag of long forgotten cash, but no luck, although 1 dollar
bills would occasionally surface.

Nevin