Re: A arm bushes

To: WSpohn4@aol.com
Subject: Re: A arm bushes
From: Bert Palte <vortex@wxs.nl>
Date: Sat, 26 Sep 1998 10:00:48 +0200
At 20:15 21-09-1998 EDT, you wrote:
><<When I ordered a set of bushings, I got the
>straight rubber ones,  They lasted less
>than 2000 miles. >>
>

>I simply wanted to point out that any original style rubber bush that wears
>out in 2000 miles is, possible material defects aside, more a testament to the
>installer's ignorance than the suitability of the part itself.

Yeah, wrong material, imitation parts!
I've mentioned it on this list before:
I ordered mine in Britain, they also lasted less than a year (that's about
2000 miles, in my case).

I ordered the next set of bushes through the local Rover outlet and they
were OK: have lasted for about six years now.

Bert.