77B Wiring Progress

To: MG List <mgs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: 77B Wiring Progress
From: Bud Krueger <bkrueger@ici.net>
Date: Sun, 27 Sep 1998 19:53:25 -0700
Hi Listers,

     After today's experience I have nothing but the greatest respect for those
of you who have successfully maintained your cars in spite of the manuals
available.  The instructions for removing the fascia of a US-version '77 B are
deplorable.  To use the vernacular, Haynes and Bentley s**k!  There, it's off of
my chest.

     Fortunately, my finger  muscles were able to substitute for leverage and I
was able to get the speedometer cable nut to come undone.  By undoing some of
the a/c ductwork, which was held on by duct tape, I was able to expose both
wiper motor bolts.  Among the most agravating operations was the removal of the
nuts and washers from the fascia retaining screws, especially the one behind the
air vents.  The manuals don't tell how many there are.
In fact, they're misleading!

     At the moment the fascia is on top of the workbench.  I'll work on it
during the evenings this week and install the new fascia harness after cleaning
up the instruments.

     BTW, for those who remember my BfromHades problems --- the lien on the
title was in the name of a bank that went under a number of years ago.  I have
been successful in convincing their present owners to grant me a release of the
lien.  I may get that title after all.  When/if I do, there is going to be
rolling restoration project '77B on the market.

Bud Krueger
52TD
77MGB  (getting wired)