Re: Noisy tappet

To: MG Nuts <mgs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: Noisy tappet
From: Skye Poier <skye@ffwd.bc.ca>
Date: Mon, 28 Sep 1998 21:16:54 -0700
FYI for anyone that cares:

I rechecked my work, and one of the tappets on #3 cylinder was very tight.
"Thats strange", I thought, "I had trouble with that one before, I couldn't
get the locking nut very tight it felt spongy".  So I re-adjust and now the
locking nut feels even worse.  "Oh great, its stripped", says I, and I
take it off to find the nut's threads gleefully wrapped around the adjusting
screw.  I carefully pried them off and zoomed over to OMG and picked up
some new nuts, gapped and installed, noise gone.

I'm very glad it didn't fall off or other such ickiness when I was driving it!

Note to self: don't mess around with nuts that feel like they are on the
verge of being stripped. Especially when they are in important places :P

Cheers,
Skye